FORNOVO GAS supplies compressors for many different applications in industry, such as co-generation plants and gas turbine boosting.
FORNOVO GAS compressors are an excellent choice for applications in power generation plants, where they are used for the co-generation of electricity and thermal energy. Typical applications include:
> Internal combustion engines: endothermic motors need gas compressed at low pressure, generally 3 / 8 bar.
> Gas turbines: depending on their size and design, turbines need gas compressed at pressures up to 65 bar.
> Auxiliary systems: within plant or for special applications, these need nitrogen or high quality compressed air at 30 / 40 bar.
The superior technology of oil free plungers has done away with the need for systems to remove post compression oil.
OIL & GAS
FORNOVO GAS supplies compressors, skids and cabinets for many applications: refineries, petrochemical plants, and liquid natural gas production plants, called LNG, and for numerous Upstream and Downstream applications.
We offer a complete range of low or high pressure oil free cylinder compressors. With LNG, this technology protects the liquefaction system and guarantees optimum operation, as it eliminates the risk of contaminating the Biomethane with oil. Another guiding principle for our Design & Engineering Excellence philosophy is the choice of materials used to construct our compressors based on the type of gas to be compressed, such as: dry or wet natural gas, propane, syngas, nitrogen, etc.
Main fields of application:
- Gas Well Depletion;
- Gas Wellhead
- Gas Gathering
- Gas Lift
- Flare & Vent Gas Recovery
- Offshore / Onshore
- Gas Storage Injection
- Pipeline Transmission
Main field of application in the petrochemical industry:
- Compression of natural gas for the production of inert gas: inlet pressure 3 / 5 bar; delivery pressure 15 / 25 bar.
Main fields of application: for LNG, liquid natural gas production plant:
- Boil Off Gas Recovery
- Small Scale LNG Production Plant
FORNOVO GAS compressors are used extensively for the compression of technical gas such as: air, carbon dioxide and nitrogen because they safeguard the optimum performance of equipment and machinery, helping to enhance the efficiency of production processes. These benefits come from the use of oil-free cylinders, capable of guaranteeing the total lack of oil in the compressed gas.
Examples of applications:
- Air: our air boosters are widely appreciated for PET Blowing, when a jet of air is released to make drinks bottles out of PET.
- Carbon dioxide: widely used in the food industry especially for the production of carbonated beverages and for the fermentation of alcoholic drinks.
- Nitrogen: used as an inert gas in numerous industrial processes, such as flushing out tanks and pipelines or the creation of protective atmospheres for materials subject to oxidation, for welding, soldering or hardening.